Monday, September 1, 2014

Sonia Kashuk 15th Anniversary limited edition brush Set | My honest Thoughts

Hey! Hello... Welcome !


For my first blog post, I thought I would share a first impression on these beautiful brushes.


Available only in Target USA & Canada and www.target.com


Sonia Kashuk 15th Anniversary brush Set

On to my review of the Sonia Kashuk 15th Anniversary Limited edition brush set.

These brushes are flying off the shelves over in the states. This is my first time purchasing Sonia Kashuk. Until only last year, Sonia Kashuk was not available in Canada since it is exclusive to Target.(We only had target in the last year in Toronto) I'm not sure why they have not branched out internationally considering they have been around 15 years!. Right, so After calling 2 different location, I hunted them down,drove up and picked one up for myself, to see what all the hype was all about.

Overall I would rate this one 4/5

Pros - Good value for money $39.99 CDN + Tax for 15 brushes That comes down to 2 dollars and some change for each brush

Pros - Visually appealing, deep plum with purple bristles and golden farrel and gold Sonia Kashuk engrave

pros - Good quality; performs well; for point of reference, I would compare these brushes to QUO or Sigma brushes.

Pros - They are soft... not the softest I own but very good for everyday use and/or back up


Cons - They shed a bit right off the box, and I am sure they will shed more once they get used and washed...

Cons - They stink. I washed them to try and see if the smell goes away only to find that the smell appears more pungent when brushes were wet. I know that some of the brush, well many of them are made from goat hair. So the smell is from that. Usually companies will use chemicals to remove the smell, but I guess Sonia Kashuk decided to skip this step.

Cons - this is a personal preference, but I think colored bristles just throws it off making them appear cheap. However I know some love it because it looks great in your vanity.


Would I recommend these brushes? why yes. If you are in need of a brush set, get them. If you want some back up brushes, get them. I have already seen them on Ebay selling for 60+ dollars!

Have you purchased these ? let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment